Old Blue Ltd (NZBN 9429048204941) Trading as Old Blue is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the New Zealand Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act as well as other applicable legislation.WHAT WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
The personal information we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us. Personal Information includes information about an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
For example, if you:
- Make a purchase online or when you otherwise set up an online account, we will collect your name, contact details, order details, credit card details, delivery address and we may also ask you to provide your date of birth and gender
- Return goods for repair or replacement through our warranty service, we may collect your name, address and contact details
- Provide details to join special mailing lists or databases if you’d like to receive information from us, we may collect your name, contact details, date of birth and product preferences
- Provide information via social media pages or download any Old Blue Apps such as providing your name or contact details via the Old Blue Facebook pages, Instagram accounts or other social media sites or Apps
- Attend a Old Blue function or event, we will collect your name, contact details, and any dietary or accessibility requirements
- Enter a competition or complete a survey, in online or printed format, we may collect your name and contact details along with your product preferences and feedback
- Send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback via our Customer Service Team, we will collect your name, contact details, details of your enquiry or feedback and information about our response
- Submit a sponsorship application, we will collect the information you include in your proposal
- Apply for a job at Old Blue, we will collect the information you include in your job application, including your and your referee’s contact details
Old Blue only collects sensitive information (eg health information) where it is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities and either you have consented, or we are required or authorised by law to do so.WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
- Processing transactions online, and delivering products and services
- To provide any associated loyalty program
- Promoting and marketing Old Blue and its products and services, including through direct marketing, events, and competitions, public relations, and social media
- promoting and marketing other goods and services offered by us and our group of companies
- Performing research and statistical analysis, including for customer satisfaction and product and service improvement purposes. This may include matching information we collect against other information held by third parties. (We may also use and disclose de-identified data for these purposes)
- Helping us tailor existing or develop new products, services or offers, and to help us selectively target promotional offers and opportunities
- Developing or seeking to deliver new ranges of products or services
- Protecting the security of our staff, customers, suppliers, and merchandise (including theft and fraud prevention)
- Answering queries, resolving complaints and responding to social media
- Recruiting staff and contractors
- General planning and administration
We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law, and for which you have provided consent.DIRECT MARKETING AND OPTING OUT
By providing your address, email address and telephone numbers to us, you consent to us contacting you for the purposes set out above. We may send this information in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, social media, SMS, MMS, telephone and if you download them via any of our Apps. You can opt out of being contacted by:
- Using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages (eg email, SMS or MMS) to opt out of receiving those messages.
- Contacting our Privacy Officer by
Mail: Privacy Officer, Old Blue, PO Box 25995, St Heliers, Auckland, 1071
- Advising us if you receive a marketing call that you no longer wish to receive these calls; or
You can opt out of receiving notifications via any of our Apps if you turn off Push Notifications in the settings.EMAIL AND MOBILE COMMUNICATION
If you provide us with an email address or phone number, you consent to electronic communication such as notices or reminders being sent to you via that address or number. You may prefer to provide to us with your personal email address or phone number rather than, for example, an email address accessible by your work colleagues.WHO WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We engage a range of third parties to provide services and perform business support functions for us. Some of those third parties need access to Personal Information in order to provide the services or perform the functions we require. Therefore, we may disclose your information to these third parties to:
- (a)Assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
- (b)conduct market research and marketing strategy analysis;
- (c) promote and market goods or services to you, which are offered by us or other members of our group; and
- (d)manage or develop our business and corporate strategies and functions.
Where we share your Personal Information with third party service providers, they will be contractually bound to use the information only for the purposes of providing the services or performing the functions required by us and to store the information securely, for example, storing in non-human readable form to ensure the security of your information.
We may disclose personal information to overseas recipients, who are located in places such as, India, Sweden, the United States of America and other countries or jurisdictions depending on the nature of the services those recipients provide to us (for example storing data via a cloud service, or where our customer relationship management system is hosted on servers located overseas, or where delivery address information for online orders or payment is managed via a third party located overseas).
By providing your email address to us, you acknowledge that you may receive marketing communication from other businesses we own, to provide you with knowledge of similar services or products we offer. You can opt-out at any time by using the Unsubscribe button at the bottom of all emails, or by contacting us at email@example.com
DATA QUALITY AND SECURITY
We hold personal information in a number of ways, including in printed documents, electronic databases, and email contact lists. Printed documents may be held at Old Blue’s head office or archived in boxes and stored in secure offsite facilities. We take reasonable steps to:
- Ensure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete and (in the case of use and disclosure) relevant;
- Protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference, and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- Destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for purposes permitted.
You can help us keep your information up to date, by letting us know about changes to your details.SECURITY
The steps we take to secure personal information include website protection measures, security restrictions on access to Old Blue's computer systems, controlled access to Old Blue's corporate premises, policies on document storage and security, personnel security and training and workplace policies. While we endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online: you disclose that information at your own risk. If you are concerned about sending your information over the internet, you can contact Old Blue as set out in section 7. You can also help protect your personal information by keeping your account details confidential. If you become aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.THIRD PARTY SITES
Under the Privacy Act, individuals have a right to complete access to their records. You may ask us in writing to provide you with details of the Personal Information we hold about you. We will endeavour to process your request as soon as practicable. We may ask you to verify your identity before processing any access or correction requests, to make sure that the personal information we hold is properly protected.
You can update your Personal Information anytime by accessing your account on the Site. If you wish for your Personal Information to be removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.orgACCESS
We will generally provide you with access to your personal information within 30 days, subject to some exceptions permitted by law. We will also generally provide access in the manner that you have requested (eg by providing photocopies or allowing a file to be viewed), provided it is reasonable and practicable for us to do so. We may, however, charge a fee to cover our reasonable costs of locating the information and providing it to you.CORRECTION
If you ask us to correct personal information that we hold about you, or if we are satisfied that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If we correct personal information about you, and we have previously disclosed that information to another agency or organisation that is subject to the Privacy Act, you may ask us to notify that other entity. If so, we will take reasonable steps to do so, unless this would be impracticable or unlawful.COMPLAINTS OR QUESTIONS
Mail: Old Blue, PO Box 25995, St Heliers, Auckland 1071
All complaints received by the Privacy Officer will be dealt with fairly and in a timely manner considering all the circumstances of the complaint. In most cases, we expect that complaints will be investigated and a response provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex and our investigation may take longer, we will contact you and tell you when we expect to provide our response.
You can find more information about privacy and the protection of your Personal Information where New Zealand law applies, on the website of the Office of the Privacy Commissioner https://privacy.org.nz/CHANGES TO THIS POLICY